St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church was organized in the spring of 1938 and formally admitted as a mission in the Diocese of Indianapolis in 1939. In 1952, after the congregation had met for worship and fellowship in a variety of locations, the present church building was constructed and dedicated.
On Sunday July 12, 1998, a fire, which started in the choir loft, destroyed our pipe organ and severely damaged the nave and the sanctuary of the church. Thanks to the swift action of an alert neighbor and the courageous efforts of local firefighters, the church itself was saved and, after a six-month-long restoration project, it was rededicated on Sunday February 7, 1999. The rebuilding of the organ took substantially longer to complete and was rededicated on September 22, 2002.